As a stationery nerd, I think any paper product adds joy to a wedding day. However, I do understand the need to save money, so I wanted to address the question most bides ask, “Are Save-the-Dates necessary?”. Yes! For a modern day bride I think they are a must! Here are my top 10 reasons why:
- Get your wedding on you everyone’s calendar: Let’s face it…we live in a busy day and age. People plan months in advance for things to fit in their busy schedules. Brides are often disappointed when people they love have already committed to a vacation, another wedding or really any other event that conflicts with their date. Save yourself the heartache and let the people know in advance.
- If you’re having a destination or holiday wedding: People need time to save money and make plans to get there. Most people also need to request time off in advance. Be considerate to your guests.
- Show-off those engagement pictures: To be honest, we loved our engagement pictures more than our wedding pictures. They were in a natural setting and showed the real us. How else are you going to share those great pictures to friends and family?
- He put a ring on it: This is a perfect way to announce your engagement in a classy way. No facebook selfies, please.
- Prevents you from overspending on invitations: Every bride who has already done their save-the-dates prior to purchasing their invitations have told me that ordered way to many save-the-dates than were needed. It’s much cheaper to over spend on a save-the-date than it on an invitation, especially ones that letterpress or foil.
- Incorrect addresses: Your college friend moved and failed to tell you. Better to know now than to find out a couple of weeks before your wedding.
- Brand your wedding: Now is the time to create a theme and let it permeate your wedding from beginning to end. At The Ink Cafe, we call this branding your wedding with paper products. Save-the-Dates and other paper goods are included in the design fee to assure that all aspects of your wedding have a cohesive look.
- Communicate: It’s the perfect way to communicate important information such as a wedding website or app where guests can find out more details including your registry.
- Secure your date: Many of your friends may get engaged around the same time, with weddings typically all being around the same months- secure your date with advance notice.
- It’s fun! Expect to get phone calls, text messages and social media comments as people receive them
So what are you waiting for…start sending those Save-the-Dates. And don’t forget every design package at The Ink Cafe comes with every piece of wedding stationery that you need- from Save-the-Dates to menus and programs. Let us help brand your big day!